Hike Additional Information
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
· A hand-crafted and fully personalized Premium Package from start to finish.
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- First aid and Emergency Oxygen Tank: Your safety is our number one priority. For this reason, our guides are CPR and First Aid trained annually by the Fire department or Red Cross. If you get one of the worst symptoms for altitude sickness which is loss of oxygen, we do carry an oxygen tank so you can get immediate assistance. We are also prepared for minor injuries on the trek, we administer quick and effective treatment, so you can continue with your trekking.
- Door to door service: The day of your trek we will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco. On return we will drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- 3 Bus tickets and 2 Train Tickets: First train is from Ollantaytamb to Km104 (the starting point for your trek). We include a bus ticket to the nearby town of Aguas Calientes where you spend the night. The next morning you catch the bus again to watch the sunrise over Machu Picchu, after your privately guided tour of Machu Picchu you get back on the bus ,to catch the Train to Ollantaytambo. Glamping Peru also includes the spectacular Vistadome train with leather seats designed to conform to your body. This train has the best views of valley, mountains and river decorating the landscape as you make your way back to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance Tickets into Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail: As soon as you confirm your booking and pay the deposit, we purchase your permit into the Inca Trail and your entrance ticket into Machu Picchu. These tickets sell out very fast. Our super team behind the laptops ensure that all tickets and permits are purchased timeously and you don’t miss out on your great adventure. The personal information you give us has to be 100% accurate because even our awesome team won´t be able help edit details once they have purchased the tickets on your behalf and there are absolutely no refunds on the tickets.
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a guide that is highly professional, experienced and fluent in English throughout the trek. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. You will get a two hour fully guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Meals: You will recieve a scrumptious box lunch and then dinner at Aguas Calientes. A buffet breakfast is served the next day at your hotel.
- Water: We supply bottled water for drinking on arrival at the checkpoint and again at lunch time on day 1. Make sure you fill up your canteen or camel bac in case you need extra water.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- Luxury Accommodation: We book one night luxury accommodation for you in Aguas Calientes, usually we book El Mapi By Inkaterra Hotel.
- Extra Private porter: This is an exclusive service offered by Glamping Peru Trek. We have a porter to carry your backpack on the hike to Machu Picchu. Back should be between 30L and 40l , nothing bigger is allowed at Machu Picchu or the train.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Wayna Picchu Mountain: $85 USD
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $85 USD – You need one ore day for it.
- First breakfast (served in your hotel), last lunch at Machu Picchu
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES: hotel or train
- Hiram Bingham Train: $597 USD per person
- Tips for the staff (Glamping Peru Treks staff receives a fair and decent wage for their amazing work. Tips are optional but the staff do appreciated it a lot.)
The Luxury Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is available on any day that suits your schedule -as long as we have a minimum of 2 participants!
- from: $677 USD per person
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $85 USD per person
- Machu Picchu Mountain: $85 USD per person
*** The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is available year round except when it is closed in February for maintenance. — This trek takes you into Machu Picchu by walking through the SUN GATE like in ancient times, you will explore some amazing Incan ruins along the way like the Wiñay Wayna Inca site.
CHECK YOUR 2 DAY INCA TRAIL TREK AVAILABILITY BY CLICKING ON MONTH OF YOUR CHOICE!
[SamCalendarAlternative rtu=”4″ package=”SIT2D” lang=”en”]
Please read the following information carefully, as it will help answer most of your questions about our services and the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
ARRIVAL IN CUSCO
We will welcome you at the airport in Cusco and take you to your selected hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look for our representative holding a board stating: GLAMPING PERU TREKS at the arrivals terminal. You must exit the terminal in order to find our representative waiting outside.
Your briefing will take place the night before your trek at the comfort of your hotel.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During the Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, your main luggage can be stored in our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you.
HOW TO BOOK:
FIRST, to book your Inca Trail trek, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click this link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an Inca Trail permit without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $316.00 USD per person in order to secure your departure. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page or booking page.
WHAT ABOUT MY REMAINING BALANCE?
To avoid the excessive credit card fees in Peru, you can pay in cash at our office (we accept US dollars or Peruvian soles) in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but there is a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account and use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the payment.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Once the permits/tickets have been bought, the Peruvian government does not allow any changes. We can’t change any departure date after the permit/ticket has been paid for. Permits/Tickets are also not transferable or refundable.
*** If you cancel your 2 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, the deposit is non-refundable!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE 2 DAY INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport as it is very important, in order, to gain entry onto the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and other sites. You must provide the same passport that you used to book with us from the start.
In case, you are renewing your passport or changing your name, send us your old passport information to secure your permit and we can change it when you get your new passport or have updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make this change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both your old and new passports with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both old and new passports to enter Machu Picchu and other sites. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed to enter these amazing sites.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appreciated. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the trek. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. Of course, you are free to tip as much as you think is appropriate, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our staff to know, understand and respect the local places and its people.
The Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu INCLUDES an extra porter and we will help you carring your thing along the Inca Trail. Please try to pack as light as possible, which is the key to enjoying this amazing trek.
- Original passport (it has to be the same as the one used when booking your trek)
- Good daypack (25 to 30L)
- Reusable water bottles 2-3L (we encourage Camelbaks).
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Polar fleece or sweater for early mornings and evenings
- Jacket- if cold season / rain jacket in rainy season
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Sun Hat
- Wool hat – if cold season
- Snacks (chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits)
- Rain plastic poncho
- Any medications you need during the day
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
What to leave in your small luggage that will be delivered to Aguas Calientes by train.
- Clothes for visiting Machu Picchu the second day
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medication
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Luxury Glamping Inca Trail Package 9 days
9 Days From $3777 PP
7 Days Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu
7 Days From $3577 PP
Inca Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
4 Days From $2197 PP