Enjoy Machu Picchu Tours in 1 Day Tour with Glamping Peru Treks
- At 6:30am; transfer from your hotel to Poroy Train Station. (train leaves at 7:35 am)
- The train ride consists of spectacular views of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- At 10:52 am, your guide will meet you at the train station, you have a few minutes to get some lunch and then a shuttle will take you from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- At around 12:00pm you will enter Machu Picchu for the visit of a lifetime. Enjoy the 2 hour private guided tour of Machupicchu meaning “The Old Sacred Mountain”.
- When you are ready, you can take the shuttle bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- At 6:10pm, return by Vistadome Train to Ollantaytambo and then by private van to Cusco.
- You can expect to arrive at your hotel in Cusco at around 10pm.
Hiking Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mt. is not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- 2 Bus tickets: You get a bus ride from Aguas Calientes up to Machu Picchu and back.
- Entrance Tickets into Machu Picchu : As soon as you confirm your booking and pay the deposit, we will purchase your entrance tickets into Machu Picchu. These tickets sell out very fast. Our super team behind the laptops ensure that all tickets and permits are purchased timeously and you don’t miss out on your great adventure. The personal information you give us has to be 100% accurate because even our awesome team won´t be able help edit details once they have purchased the tickets on your behalf and there are absolutely no refunds on the tickets.
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a 2-hour privately guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Meals: snacks and drinks on the train.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- 2 tickets on the Vistadome Train : Catch the luxurious Vistadome and enjoy their first class service. On-board the train at Poroy station to Aguas Calientes and return to Poroy station ( Dry season only). During rainy season we will drive you by our private van to Ollataytambo and back. The train does not depart from Poroy becuase of possible land slides.
- Drinks: In our private transportation, you will find a cooler box stocked with ice cold drinks, both non-alcoholic (water, gatorade etc..) and alcoholic (beer, wine and more)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THE MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- Hiking Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mt. not possible with the time schedule of a one-day tour. If you would like to endulge in any of these hike, we can help you book an extra day in Aguas Calientes and book your train for the next day, at an extra fee. We specialize in personalised tours, for any requests please contact our office and we will do our best to accommodate your needs whenever possible.
- Tips for your guide.
The Tour to Machu Picchu on the Vistadome Train is available on any date that is best for you, as long as we have a minimum of 2 people
FROM $527 USD per person
***Private service is available for $100 USD more per person.
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 4 people with a maximum of 8!
Please read the following information carefully. It will help answer most of your questions about our services and tour.
ARRIVAL IN CUSCO
We will welcome you at the airport in Cusco and take you to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding a sign with Glamping Peru Treks at the arrivals terminal.
Your briefing will take place the night before the trek in the comfort of your hotel.
HOW TO BOOK:
FIRST, to book your Machu Picchu Tours, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an entrance to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $316.00 USD per person in order to secure your departure. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page or booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
To avoid the excessive credit card fees in Peru, you can pay in cash at our office (we accept US dollars or Peruvian soles) in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but there is a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account and use our email address email@example.com to complete the payment.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the tickets have been bought. Tickets are also not transferable nor refundable.
*** If you cancel your 1 Day Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is non-refundable!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR MACHU PICCHU TOURS?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport as it is very important, in order, to gain entry onto the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and other sites. It must be the same passport that was used to book with us from the start.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it when you get your new passport or updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both old and new passports, to be able to enter Machu Picchu or board the train. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed to enter Machu Picchu or get on the train.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE ON THE MACHU PICCHU TOURS?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend you dress in layers as it will be easier to adjust to the quickly changing weather.
ARE WE DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE 1 DAY MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
Absolutely! All tours and treks provide a door to door service. Included in our packages is dropping you off at your hotel when we return from your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you off there too!
If you spend the night at Ollantaytambo before the trek, we will pick you up from there.
that you can book while you are acclimating to the altitude. Check out our Day Tours on our homepage.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – the staff do appreciate it. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Glamping Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip what you feel is appropriate, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our staff to know, understand and respect the local places and its people.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING?
- A small daypack
- Snacks and reusable water bottle
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket
- Hat for the sun, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Valid University ID card if recieving a student discount
- Money for souvenirs
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Choquequirao Trek 5 days
5 Days From $1777 PP
Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trek 7 Days
7 Days From $2577 PP
Private Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
2 Days From $657 PP