Additional Tour Information
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE LUXURY SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR PACKAGE?
· A hand-crafted and fully personalized Premium Package from start to finish.
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- 2 Bus tickets: You get a bus ride from Aguas Calientes up to Machu Picchu and back.
- Entrance Tickets into Machu Picchu : As soon as you confirm your booking and pay the deposit, we will purchase your entrance tickets into Machu Picchu. These tickets sell out very fast. Our super team behind the laptops ensure that all tickets and permits are purchased timeously and you don’t miss out on your great adventure. The personal information you give us has to be 100% accurate because even our awesome team won´t be able help edit details once they have purchased the tickets on your behalf and there are absolutely no refunds on the tickets.
- Boleto Turistico : This is the best way to visit all the archeological sites of the region and the Sacred Valley. Most of the main archeological sites are not accessible for free.
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a guide that is highly professional, experienced and fluent in English guide throughout your tour. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. You will get a two hour fully guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Meals: Lunch on day 1 and breakfast at your hotel.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- Luxury Accommodation : Enjoy a luxurious one night stay in the quaint town Aguas Calientes.
- 2 tickets on the Vistadome Train : Catch the luxurious Vistadome and enjoy their first class service. On-board the train at Poroy station to Aguas Calientes and return to Poroy station ( Dry season only). During rainy season we will drive you by our private van to Ollataytambo and back. The train does not depart from Poroy becuase of possible land slides
- Drinks: In our private transportation, you will find a cooler box stocked with ice cold drinks, both non-alcoholic (water, gatorade etc..) and alcoholic (beer, wine and more)
What is not included
- Water and snacks
- Huayna Picchu -$85 USD
- Machu Picchu Mountain -$85 USD
- Upgrade to Hiram Bingham Train – price varies
- Tips for your guide
The Luxury Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour can be done on any date that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers!
- $657 per person USD per person with 1 night hotel
- Huayna Picchu Climb and Machu Picchu Mountain: $85 USD. This needs to be booked in advance, let us know when booking trek.
Please read the following information carefully. It will help you answer all of your questions about our services and Luxury Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour.
ARRIVAL IN CUSCO
You will be welcomed at the airport in Cusco and taken to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding a Glamping Peru Treks outside of the arrivals terminal.
The briefing will take place the night before your trek at the comfort of your hotel..
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During the Luxury Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tourr your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, whatever is more convenient for you.
HOW TO BOOK THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
FIRST, to book your Luxury Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click here the link BOOK NOW .
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an entrance to Machu Picchu or your train tickets without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $316.00 USD per person in order to secure your departure. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page or booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
To avoid the excessive credit card fees in Peru, you can pay in cash at our office (we accept US dollars or Peruvian soles) in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but there is a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account and use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the payment.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately the answer is No. Once we have bought the tickets, the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change your departure date after we have bought them. Tickets are also not transferable nor refundable.
*** If you cancel your your Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is non-refundable!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THE SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport as it is very important, in order, to gain entry onto the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and other sites. You must bring the same passport that you used to book with us from the start.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it when you get your new passport or updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both old and new passports to be able to enter Machu Picchu or board the train. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed to enter Machu Picchu or get on the train.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend to always dress in layers as it is easier to adjust throughout the day to the different micro-climates.
ARE WE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE TOUR?
Absolutely! Included in our packages is a door to door service for your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley, for example in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you there too!
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – our staff are appreciative. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many GLAMPING Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip what you feel is warranted, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our staff to know, understand and respect the local places and its people.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING FOR THE LUXURY SACRED VALLEY & MACHU PICCHU TOUR?
- A small backpack or carry bag (larger bags or luggage are not allowed on the train or in Machu Picchu)
- A change of clothing for the second day
- Comfortable shoes or runners
- Water to drink
- Rain jacket or poncho
- A fleece or jacket
- Personal toiletries
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes
- Sun hat
- Some extra money for lunch, snacks and souvenirs
- Original passport (cannot enter Machu Picchu without it)
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Choquequirao Trek 5 days
5 Days From $1777 PP
Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trek 7 Days
7 Days From $2577 PP
Tour to Machu Picchu with Vistadome Train 2D/1N
1 Day From $627 PP