WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE 1 DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR?
· A hand-crafted and fully personalized Premium Package from start to finish.
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- First aid and Emergency Oxygen Tank: Your safety is our number one priority. For this reason, our guides are CPR and First Aid trained annually by the Fire department or Red Cross. If you get one of the worst symptoms for altitude sickness which is loss of oxygen, we do carry an oxygen tank so you can get immediate assistance. We are also prepared for minor injuries on the trek, we administer quick and effective treatment, so you can continue with your trekking.
- Door to door service: The day of your trek we will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco. On return we will drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- All the Entrance Tickets into Rainbow Mountain and the Red Valley: as an all-inclusive tour, all your entrance tickets will be taking care of.
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a guide that is highly professional, experienced and fluent in English throughout the trek. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. You will get a two hour fully guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Meals: We provide you with a hot breakfast prepared by our chef, followed by a scrumptious 3-course lunch also prepared by our chef.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- Drinks: Our assorted beverages include : soft drinks, getorage, wine, local beer and bottled water
- Chef, assistant chef and waiter: All our meals are prepared by our extensively trained chef, with help from his/her assistant and you your food will be served by a waiter/waitress.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED 1 DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR?
Tips for the staff (Glamping Peru Treks staff receives a fair and decent wage for their amazing work. Tips are optional but the staff do appreciated it a lot.)
Enjoy this 1 day hike with an expert team in a small or private group!
PRIVATE GROUP PRICES (Any date)
|# OF PERSONS||PRICEPER PERSON|
|2 persons||$190 pp|
|3 persons||$177 pp|
|4 persons||$157 pp|
|6 or more persons||$127pp|
***Private group price is based on a per person price, however, the price per person lowers based on the number of people in the group. The group will be completely private with your own guide, chauffeur and private van. No others will be added to the group.
***Minimum is 2 people for a private group
****A horse can be hired at the start of the trek or at the halfway point. However, the last 600m are too steep for horses and you will have to walk this last part.
- Its rented from the locals for about $25 USD or 100 soles. Local people only accept cash in Peruvian soles. Your guide will help you negotiate the price.
Please read the following information carefully. It will help with your questions about our services and the trek to Rainbow Mountain.
WELCOME TO CUSCO
You will be greeted at the airport in Cusco and taken to your hotel, please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to arrival. Look for our representative holding a white and green Glamping Peru Treks board at the exit from the arrivals terminal.
Your briefing will take place at the comfort of your hotel the night before your tour. Please send us the name of your hotel.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During the Rainbow Mountain Trek your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you.
HOW TO BOOK THE 1 DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot complete your booking for the Rainbow Mountain Trek without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$53 per person in order to purchase a permit for the Rainbow Mountain Trek. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on our booking page or click here on the payment of your choice, either VISA or PAYPAL.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
If you would like to avoid the high credit card fees in Peru, you may pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. There are many ATMS within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 5.5% service fee, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account and use our email address email@example.com
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
With alternative treks like the Rainbow Mountain Trek we may be able to change dates for a fee depending on what has already been purchased. Please contact the office as soon as possible if you need to change your date.
*** If you cancel your Rainbow Mountain Trek, the deposit is non-refundable!
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE ON THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. With the Rainbow Mountain Trek, we highly recommend that you bring some warm clothes and good rain gear in your day backpack especially in rainy season, there can be snow or rain. It can be very cold at high altitudes Also, at high altitude, you will encounter clouds and possible storms in rainy season which blow across quickly and with little warning.
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS ON THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK?
In general, if you exercise regularly and spend 3 days in Cusco, or in the Sacred Valley for acclimatization to the altitude, you may be just fine.
We recommend the following medicine for altitude sickness: WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN if needed; Glamping Peru trains all our guides to treat you for Altitude Sickness. All guides carry oxygen. For more detailed information on Altitude Sickness: Altitude Sickness.
We offer the Cusco City Tour and Sacred Valley tours that you can book while you are acclimatizing. Check out our day tours on our Main Page.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE THERE PER GROUP?
The maximum group size is 8 people. Usually our groups are between 2-4 people. Glamping Peru Treks specializes in SMALL, PRIVATE groups and provides a personalized service.
IS THE TREK DIFFICULT, DO I NEED TO BE FIT?
Yes, though the distance is not great, it is a difficult trek due to the high altitude and the last section is steep. You reach the altitude of 5100 metres/16732ft. You need to be in good physical condition and have had time to adjust to the altitude before going on the trek. It is also important to be well acclimated to the altitude. Try to spend at least 3 days in Cusco (3350m/11,047ft) prior to starting the trek. You can rent a horse for most of the trek, except the last 600 meters which is too steep for a horse.
If you are doing other treks and tours in the Cusco area, we suggest that you schedule Rainbow Mountain as your last activity.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNABLE TO FINISH THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK?
In the unlikely scenario that you are unable to finish the trek due to a health issue, Glamping Peru Treks will assist you to the nearest town for help with transportation. If you are unable to finish due to fatigue you can rent a horse. We always carry oxygen on the trek for any respiratory problems. In extreme cases, we can arrange a helicopter at your own expense. (Travel insurance required). There are no refunds in the unlikely situation that you are unable to finish the trek.
ARE WE GOING TO BE DROPPED AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE TREK?
Absolutely!! Included in the package we will drop you at your hotel in Cusco! If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley like Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you off there too!
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appreciated. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the trek. Tipping is a part of the culture here in Peru. It inspires us to give excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Glamping Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip as much as you feel is appropriate, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator. We incorporate the universal principles of sustainable tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know and understand, respect the places and the local people.
WHAT TO BRING FOR THE 1 DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK
- A lightweight, waterproof day pack
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Warm clothes and hiking pants, not jeans
- Layers of clothes for variable temperatures
- Camera with charged batteries
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- Thermals, wool socks, gloves, scarf, wool hat
- Insect repellent
- Water proof clothing and or a rain poncho
- Water bottles (reusable, not disposable)
- Personal medical kit
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, tips
- Walking sticks (rentable)
- Favorite snacks
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Copy of passport and student ID card if applicable
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
SACRED VALLEY + ZIP LINE TOUR
1 Day From $175 PP
Cusco by night
1 Day From $ PP
Culinary Tasting Tour in Cusco
1 Day From $ PP