Additional Packages Information
BEST PRICE FOR THE INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACU PICCHU 7 DAYS
“The 7 days Inca Trail to Machu Picchu its available on any date that its best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 people”
- Best price without accommodation: US$3577 per person
- Best price with 4* hotels: UD$3897per person
- Best price with 5* Hotel: US$3999
***This price includes the extra porter who will carry your belongings up to 8 kilos along the Inca Trail and an inhouse masseuse, that will be with you for the first 3 days of your Classic Inca Trail . We will also provide you with a duffel bag.
- Under 18 years old: $30 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Under 12 years old: $40 USD. Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- Group of 5 or more: $30 USD. All you need is to book the trek together at the same time.
- Hiking poles: $15 USD for the whole trek.
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $85 USD
**Huayna Picchu Mountain is an optional trek within Machu Picchu Citadel which does not include a guide. The climb is usually done on your own after your tour of Machu Picchu Citadel. If you would like the extra hike to be guided, please request in advance. There is an extra cost for this extra guided tour.
WHAT’S INCLUDED FOR THE 7 DAYS INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACHU PICCHU?
A hand-crafted and fully personalized Premium Package from start to finish.
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- Duffel bag: During your briefing we provide a duffel bag for you to pack your clothing and other necessities for the trek. The porters will carry your duffel bag and you will only have excess to it at the end of each trekking day. We recommend that you carry a 30L backpack for your daily personal belongings such as a warm jacket, a rain jacket, your camera, sunscreen, snacks, water, etc.
- First aid and Emergency Oxygen Tank: Your safety is our number one priority. For this reason, our guides are CPR and First Aid trained annually by the Fire department or Red Cross. If you get one of the worst symptoms for altitude sickness which is loss of oxygen, we do carry an oxygen tank so you can get immediate assistance. We are also prepared for minor injuries on the trek, we administer quick and effective treatment, so you can continue with your trekking.
- Satellite phone: We use a Satellite phone on all our treks that are 3 days or more. Each guide carries a phone that is fully charged and ready to use. In extreme cases, whereby you experience serious health issues, we can call emergency services immediately. We get you to the nearest town for medical assistance or transportation. If your condition is urgent and you need to be airlifted to a hospital, this can also be arranged. The trekker is liable for all medical costs incurred, including the airlift (travel insurance is essential). On the lighter side. Our satellite phone can be used to touch base at home or to give a loud shout from the top of the Andes. All personal calls will cost you US$2.00 per minute.
- Door to door service: The day of your trek we will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco. On return we will drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- Separated private transportation: Our staff members and camping equipment travel in a separate van. You, your guide and fellow travelers travel in total peace and privacy.
- Bus tickets and Train Tickets: After your privately guided tour of Machu Picchu, we include a bus ticket to the nearby town of Aguas Calientes, to catch the Train to Ollantaytambo. Glamping Peru also includes the spectacular Vistadome train with leather seats designed to conform to your body. This train has the best views of valley, mountains and river decorating the landscape as you make your way back to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance Tickets into Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail: As soon as you confirm your booking and pay the deposit, we purchase your permit into the Inca Trail and your entrance ticket into Machu Picchu. These tickets sell out very fast. Our super team behind the laptops ensure that all tickets and permits are purchased timeously and you don’t miss out on your great adventure. The personal information you give us has to be 100% accurate because even our awesome team won´t be able help edit details once they have purchased the tickets on your behalf and there are absolutely no refunds on the tickets.
- Boleto Turistico Ticket : This ticket is required for entrance into historical and archeological sites along the Sacred Valley. Click on the following link for more information: Boleto Turistico
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a guide that is highly professional, experienced and fluent in English throughout the trek. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. You will get a two hour fully guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Porters: Fully trained porters hailing from local communities to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock). The porters also set up camp for you, in beautiful, secluded campsite, without too much traffic.
- Extra Private porter: Our treks are fully portered. What that means is that you get an extra personal porter to carry your duffel received during your briefing. Weight should be (10 kg/22.1 lb. total) including your sleeping bag and mattress (03 kg/6.6 lb.). For health and safety reasons the weight cannot exceed these recommendations.
- Meals: We have yet to receive a complaint about the food or any of our chefs. Your private chef provides delectable meals throughout your trek: 5 hot breakfasts. 5 Lunches and finally 4 dinners. The guide wakes you every morning with a hot drink, making everyday a good day on that trek. We also include afternoon tea on the Classic Inca Trail which is as equally impressive. Our chefs take pride in all dishes served. Our chef and porters work in tandem, so that when you arrive at camp everything is set and ready to go. We also provide a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. Drinks like Maracuya or Chicha Morada, Pisco Sour Cocktail or a good selection of local beers and wines.
- Water: We supply bottled water for drinking every day after meal time. Make sure you fill up your canteen or camel bac on the first day. We also stock our private van with bottled water for your comfort when commuting to different locations.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- Hot Shower Tent with Towels: We supply a hot shower to clean up after every trekking day with complimentary towels.
- Robe and slippers. we provide not 1 but two robes, one silk and the other cotton, as well as slippers. We want you to feel like you are staying in a luxurious hotel, instead of the great outdoors.
- Private Chef, chef´s assistant and waiter: If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know at booking and we will gladly accommodate your needs. You will receive upscaling dining, with a waiter to cater to your needs.
- Dining tent and chairs: We provide a private communal style dining tent, to catch up on the day’s events and build some comradery with your fellow travelers. Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Utensils: You will dine using Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Bedroom tent. Included are sleeping bags, Therma rest Mattress, cotton sheets, blankets and pillows Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum 2 pax). Tuck yourself in-between crisp white linen for the best night sleep off the beaten trek.
- Specialized massage therapists: We have massage therapist to accompany you on the Classic Inca Trail and it is at your disposal every evening when required. This is at no charge to you and another complimentary service from Glamping Peru.
- Portable chemical toilet: This is very important while trekking because the Government toilets can be less then sanitary. We set up our clean waste toilet system a comfortable distance from camp and it has its own private tent.
- Travel bag: This is a small complimentary bag, with travel size shampoo, conditioner and soap
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED FOR THE 7 DAYS INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACHU PICCHU ON?
- Wayna Picchu: $85 USD
- Walking sticks: $15 USD per pair for the whole trek
- Last lunch after Machu Picchu
- OPTIONAL UPGRADES: hotel or train
- Hiram Bingham Train: $597 USD per person
- Tips for your crew, guide, cook and porters (GLAMPING PERU TREKS staff receives a fair payment immediately after they finish their trip; tips are optional but they do greatly appreciate them)
**Huayna Picchu Mountain are optional treks within Machu Picchu Citadel which do not include a guide. The climb is usually done on your own after your tour of Machu Picchu Citadel. If you would like the extra hike to be guided, please request in advance. There is an extra cost for this extra guided tour.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 7 DAY INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACHU PICCHU
Please read the following information carefully. It will help with your questions about our services and the Luxury Glamping 7-day Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu.
ARRIVAL IN CUSCO
We will greet you at the airport in Cusco and take you to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek’s start. Look for our representative holding a board for Glamping Peru Treks at the arrivals terminal.
Your briefing will take place in the comfort of your hotel, after your arrival in Cusco.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During your Luxury Glamping 7-day Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu, you can store your main luggage at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you!
HOW TO BOOK
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase Luxury Glamping 7-day Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu tickets without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $500.00 USD per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
To avoid the excessive credit card fees in Peru, you can pay in cash at our office (we accept US dollars or Peruvian soles) in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but there is a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account and use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the payment.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Once the Luxury Glamping 7-day Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu and other tickets have been bought, the Peruvian government does not allow any changes. We can’t change the departure date after the permit & tickets have been paid for. Tickets are also not transferrable or refundable.
*** If you cancel your Luxury Glamping 7-day Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu, the deposit is non-refundable!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport as it is necessary to gain entry onto the Inca Trail, Machu picchu and other sites. You must have the same passport that you used to book with us from the start.
In case, you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit. We can change it when you get your new passport or updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both your old and new passports with you to Peru. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both your old and new passports to enter Machu Picchu and other sites. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed to enter into these amazing sites.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
The weather is very unpredictable and difficult to foresee. We recommend you always dress in layers as that makes it easier to add on or take off clothing, while passing through the various microclimates which our beautiful region has to offer.
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS?
In general, if you exercise regularly and spend a couple of days in Cusco or the Sacred Valley, you will be able to acclimate normally. It takes about 1 to 2 days for your body to adjust.
The recommended remedies for altitude sickness are: WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN (If needed). We train our guides to treat you for altitute sickness.
IS THE TREK DIFFICULT, DO I NEED TO BE FIT?
The Luxury Glamping 7-day Inca Trail Package to Machu Picchu is a fairly difficult and you should be well prepared and healthy prior to starting it. You have to be moderately fit and exercise regularly. In preparation: try walking 15kms/9m a day or join a fitness club a couple of months leading up to the trek. It is also important to be well acclimatized to the altitude. Try to spend at least 2 or 3 days in Cusco (3,350m/11,047ft) prior to starting the trek. Always check with your doctor before traveling to Peru.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNABLE TO FINISH?
In the unlikely scenario that you are unable to finish the trek due to a health issue, Glamping Peru Treks will assist you to the nearest town for help with transportation. We always carry oxygen on the trek for any respiratory problems. In extreme cases, we can arrange for a helicopter pick up at your own expense. Travel insurance is required and recommended. There are no refunds in the unlikely situation that you are unable to finish the trek.
Generally, those we assist off the trail we take them to Ollantaytambo and if they recover quickly they can then continue the journey to Aguas Calientes (cost incurred by trekker) and visit Machu Picchu, according to the original plan.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – is appreciated. While it may not be customary in your country. It’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the trek. It inspires them to give excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Glamping Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip what you feel is appropriate. Depending on your perception of the quality of service and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
Yes! Glamping Peru Treks is a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator. We incorporate the universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know, understand, and respect the places and its local people.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE 7 DAYS INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACHU PICCHU?
- Original Passport (it has to be the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Valid student card (if you booked as a student)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3L reusalbe bottles (please do not bring disposable bottles)
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Head lamp: essential
- Toilet paper
- Good rain gear
WHAT TO PUT IN THE DUFFEL BAG FOR THE 7 DAYS INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACHU PICCHU?
As a Direct Local Tour operator, we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra porter, who will carry up to 7 kgs or 15 pounds including your sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing. By Peruvian law, a duffel bag must not weigh more than 7 kilograms (15lbs). The government set the limit to protect the health of the porters or horses. We will weigh all bag before accepting them. If you require more than 7 kilograms, it will then be your responsibility to carry the extra weight with your day pack. In this 7 kilos, please count 2 kilos for your sleeping bag and 1 kilo for your sleeping pad. This leaves you about 4 kilos for your personal gear.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants at least
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- 2 Fleece/ Thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º C.
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger.
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them.
- Face moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit
WHAT TO PUT IN THE DAY BACKPACK FOR THE 7 DAYS INCA TRAIL PACKAGE TO MACHU PICCHU?
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 to 40L for hiking in the day. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch stop. Please brign your water bottles.
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or dried fruit
- Rain plastic poncho
- Hand sanitiser
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Luxury Glamping Inca Trail Package 9 days
9 Days From $3777 PP
Inca Quarry Trail to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
4 Days From $2197 PP
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
2 Days From $677 PP