WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK?
- Pre-trekking briefing with your guide at the office
- Pick-up at your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Private transportation from Cusco to Capuliyoc
- Entry fees to Machu Picchu and Choquequirao
- English speaking, experienced professional guide
- Guided tours of Choquequirao and Machu Picchu
- Comfortable and 4 season roomy tents (only 2 people in a 4 person tent)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen and toilet tent
- 2 Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and return to Aguas Calientes
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from the train station back to your hotel
- Celebration dinner in an Aguas Calientes restaurant
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with private room and bathroom
- Pack horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen – 7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our horses
- Provision of a horse in case of emergency such as illness, to ensure trek can be completed by all participants
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
- Clean water to fill your bottles at each mealtime
- Rain poncho
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK?
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of minus 10°C $25
- Air Mattresses $25
- Trekking Poles $20
- Entry fee to Huayna Picchu Mountain $75
- Entry fee to Machu Picchu Mountain $75
- Additional horse for extra personal luggage in addition of the 7kg allowance
- Optional upgrades (train and hotel)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Tips for the cook, horsemen and guide
FROM $1777 USD per person
***All entrance fees are included and we operate our tours in small groups averaging 4 people with a maximum of 8!
Please read the following information carefully. It will help answer most of your questions about our services and Choquequirao Trek.
ARRIVAL IN CUSCO
We will welcome you at the airport in Cusco and take you to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your full flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek. Look out for our representative holding a sign with Glamping Peru Treks at the arrivals terminal.
Your briefing will take place the night before the Choquequirao trek in the comfort of your hotel.
HOW TO BOOK:
FIRST, to book your Choquequirao Trek, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an entrance to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $316.00 USD per person in order to secure your departure. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page or booking page.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?
To avoid the excessive credit card fees in Peru, you can pay in cash at our office (we accept US dollars or Peruvian soles) in Cusco. We have many ATMs within the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but there is a 5.5% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account and use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the payment.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
Unfortunately, the answer is No. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the tickets have been bought. Tickets are also not transferable nor refundable.
*** If you cancel your Choquequirao Trek, the deposit is non-refundable!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT
Yes! You have to bring your original passport as it is very important, in order, to gain entry onto the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and other sites. It must be the same passport that was used to book with us from the start.
In case you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it when you get your new passport or updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both passports to Peru with you. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both old and new passports, to be able to enter Machu Picchu or board the train. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed to enter Machu Picchu or get on the train.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend you dress in layers as it will be easier to adjust to the quickly changing weather.
ARE WE DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL AFTER
Absolutely! All tours and treks provide a door to door service. Included in our packages is dropping you off at your hotel when we return from your trek or tour. If you have booked your hotel in Ollantaytambo or Urubamba, we will drop you off there too!
If you spend the night at Ollantaytambo before the trek, we will pick you up from there.
that you can book while you are acclimating to the altitude. Check out our Day Tours on our homepage.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – the staff do appreciate it. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Glamping Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip what you feel is appropriate, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE YOU SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our staff to know, understand and respect the local places and its people.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING FOR THE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK?
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK
- Original passport (it has to be the same as the one you have used for booking your trek)
- Valid university card (if you booked as a student)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3L reusable bottles (please do not bring disposable)
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from Glamping Peru Treks)
- Headlamp: essential
- Toilet Paper, hand sanitizer and small plastic bags
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR DUFFEL BAG FOR THE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK?
As a direct local tour operator we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra pack horse who will carry up to 7 kgs or 15lbs including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing. By Peruvian law, a duffel bag must not weigh more than 7 kilograms (15lbs). This limit is set to protect the health of the porters or horses. All bags will be weighed before being accepted. If you require more than 7 kilograms, it will then be your responsibility to carry the extra weight with your day pack. In this 7 kilos, please count 2 kilos for your sleeping bag and 1 kilo for your sleeping pad. This leaves you about 4 kilos for your personal gear. Alternatively you can request an extra horse or porter for an extra 7KG. Please ask at booking for this service and it comes at an additional fee.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants at least
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- Bathing suit for the thermal waters
- Fleece/ thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º C
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quick dry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office to line your duffel bag
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us.
- Face moisturizer
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK FOR CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 to 40L for hiking in the day. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring reusable bottles.
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks like chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits
- Rain poncho (provided by Glamping)
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trek 7 Days
7 Days From $2577 PP
Private Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
2 Days From $657 PP
Tour to Machu Picchu with Vistadome Train 2D/1N
1 Day From $627 PP