Additional Luxury Lares Trek Information
WHAT IS INCLUDED FOR THE LUXURY LARES TREK?
A hand-crafted and fully personalized Premium Package from start to finish.
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- Duffel bag: During your briefing we provide a duffel bag for you to pack your clothing and other necessities for the trek. The porters will carry your duffel bag and you will only have excess to it at the end of each trekking day. We recommend that you carry a 30L backpack for your daily personal belongings such as a warm jacket, a rain jacket, your camera, sunscreen, snacks, water, etc.
- First aid and Emergency Oxygen Tank: Your safety is our number one priority. For this reason, our guides are CPR and First Aid trained annually by the Fire department or Red Cross. If you get one of the worst symptoms for altitude sickness which is loss of oxygen, we do carry an oxygen tank so you can get immediate assistance. We are also prepared for minor injuries on the trek, we administer quick and effective treatment, so you can continue with your trekking.
- Satellite phone: We use a Satellite phone on all our treks that are 3 days or more. Each guide carries a phone that is fully charged and ready to use. In extreme cases, whereby you experience serious health issues, we can call emergency services immediately. We get you to the nearest town for medical assistance or transportation. If your condition is urgent and you need to be airlifted to a hospital, this can also be arranged. The trekker is liable for all medical costs incurred, including the airlift (travel insurance is essential). On the lighter side. Our satellite phone can be used to touch base at home or to give a loud shout from the top of the Andes. All personal calls will cost you US$2.00 per minute.
- Door to door service: The day of your trek we will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco. On return we will drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- Separated private transportation: Our staff members and camping equipment travel in a separate van. You, your guide and fellow travelers travel in total peace and privacy.
- Bus tickets and Train Tickets: After your privately guided tour of Machu Picchu,we include a bus ticket to the nearby town of Aguas Calientes, to catch the Train to Ollantaytambo. Glamping Peru also includes the spectacular Vistadome train with leather seats designed to conform to your body. This train has the best views of valley, mountains and river decorating the landscape as you make your way back to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance Tickets into Machu Picchu : As soon as you confirm your booking and pay the deposit, we purchase your entrance ticket into Machu Picchu. These tickets sell out very fast. Our super team behind the laptops ensure that all tickets are purchased timeously and you don’t miss out on your great adventure. The personal information you give us has to be 100% accurate because even our awesome team won´t be able help edit details once they have purchased the tickets on your behalf and there are absolutely no refunds on the tickets.
- Boleto Turistico : This is the best way to visit all the archeological sites of the region and the Sacred Valley. Most of the main archeological sites are not accessible for free.
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a guide that is highly professional, experienced and fluent in English throughout the trek. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. You will get a two hour fully guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Horseman and mules:To carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, air mattress and sleeping bag will be carried by our mules).
- Emergency horse: In case of emergency, we have the provisions of an extra horse. This is to ensure that everyone in the group has an equal opportunity to complete the trek.
- Meals: We have yet to receive a complaint about the food or any of our chefs. Your private chef provides delectable meals throughout your trek: 3 hot breakfasts and 1 provided by your hotel. 3 lunches and finally 2 dinners. Day 3 you get to venture by yourself and choose whatever you are in the mood for. The guide wakes you every morning with a hot drink, making everyday a good day on that trek. We also include afternoon tea fon day 2 which is as equally impressive. Our chefs take pride in all dishes served. Our chef and horseman work in tandem, so that when you arrive at camp everything is set and ready to go. We also provide a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. Drinks like Maracuya or Chicha Morada, Pisco Sour Cocktail or a good selection of beers and wines.
- Water: We supply bottled water for drinking every day after meal time. Make sure you fill up your canteen or camel bac on the first day.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- Luxury Accommodation: We book for you 1 night at the luxurious 5* Aranwa hotel in the Sacred Valley and magical night at El Mapi in Augas Calientes.
- Hot Shower Tent with Towels: We supply a hot shower to clean up after every trekking day with complimentary towels.
- Robe and slippers. we provide not 1 but two robes, one silk and the othe cotton, as well as slippers. We want you to feel like you are staying in a luxurious hotel, instead of the great outdoors.
- Private Chef, chef´s assistant and waiter: If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know at booking and we will gladly accommodate your needs. You will receive upscaling dining, with a waiter to cater to your needs.
- Dining tent and chairs: We provide a private communal style dining tent, to catch up on the day’s events and build some comradery with your fellow travelers. Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Utensils: You will dine using Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Bedroom tent. Included are sleeping bags, Therma rest Mattress, cotton sheets, blankets and pillows Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum 2 pax). Tuck yourself in-between crisp white linen for the best night sleep off the beaten trek.
- Specialized massage therapists: We have massage therapist to accompany you on the Classic Inca Trsiland it is at your disposal every evening when required. This is at no charge to you and another complimentary service from Glamping Peru.
- Portable chemical toilet: This is very important while trekking because the Government toilets can be less then sanitary. We set up our clean waste toilet system a comfortable distance from camp and it has its own private tent.
- Travel bag: This is a small complimentary bag, with travel size shampoo, conditioner and soap.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THE LUXURY LARES TREK?
- Walking Poles: $15 USD per pair per trek (professional poles that can be extended)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain: $85 USD per person (Please request when you book your trek)
- Lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the guide, cook and horsemen of GLAMPING PERU TREKS
The best Luxury Lares Trek with Sacred Valley included at Glamping Peru is available on any date that is best suited to you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers!
PRICE from $2,557 USD
***Price is based on number of people, due to the fact, that this trek is not as high in demand as the 4 day Lares Trek, thus it usually has small groups of 2 to 4 people.
*** This price includes the extra horse, which will carry your belongings up to 10kgs per person. We will provide a duffel bag you can put your things in.
*** This price also includes 2 nights accomodation in a 4* hotel and 1 night of Glamping.
Please read the following information carefully. It will help with your questions about our services and the Luxury Lares Trek.
ARRIVAL TO CUSCO
We will greet you at the airport in Cusco and take you to your hotel. Please ensure that you inform us of your flight details at least 14 days prior to your trek’s start. Look for our representative holding a board for Glamping Peru Treks at the arrival terminal.
Your briefing will take place in the comfort of your hotel.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?
Of course! During your Luxury Lares Trek, you can store your main luggage at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you!
HOW TO BOOK THE LARES TO MACHU PICCHU TREK
FIRST, to book your Luxury Lares Trek, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase Luxury Lares Trek tickets without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $525.00 USD per person in order to purchase your entrance to Machu Picchu and train ticket. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISAor PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?
We may be able to change dates for a fee with alternative treks depending on what tickets we have already purchased. Please contact the office as soon as possible if you need to change your date.
*** If you cancel your Luxury Lares Trek, the deposit is non-refundable!
DO I NEED MY ORIGINAL PASSPORT ON THE LARES TO MACHU PICCHU TREK?
Yes! You have to bring your original passport as it is very important, in order, to gain entry onto trains, Machu Picchu and other sites. You must bring the same passport that you used to book with us from the start.
In case, you are renewing your passport or changing your name, go ahead and send us your old passport information to secure your permit and we can change it when you get your new passport or have updated your name for a fee of $25 USD per person. We must have a copy of your old and new passport to make the change.
If you do not wish to pay this fee, you will need to bring both your old and new passports to Peru. You can enter Peru with your new passport but you will need to show both old and new passports to enter Machu Picchu and other sites. If you do not have both, you will not be allowed enter into these amazing sites.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE ON THE LARES TREK?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. We recommend to always dress in layers as it makes it easier to adjust to the different climates.
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS ON THE LARES TREK?
In general, if you exercise regularly and spend a couple of days in Cusco or the Sacred Valley, you will be able to acclimate normally. It usually takes between 1 to 2 days for a person to adjust.
We recommend the following remedies for altitude sickness: WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN (when needed). Our guides are trained to treat you for altitude sickness. For more detailed information on altitude sickness click this link: Altitude Sickness.
WHAT DOES THE TRAIL LOOK LIKE DURING PEAK SEASON?
Our Luxury Lares Trek is a unique product and its location is pretty remote even during peak season, we will only occasionally encounter another group.
ARE THERE TOILETS ON THE LARES TO MACHU PICCHU TREK?
Our clients are always appreciative of the privacy and cleanliness of our toilet facilities! As Glamping Peru Treks we have built our own permanent flush toilets in both Cancha Cancha and Kiswarani. Also, you will have portable bathroom facilities, with an individual tent and a “camping toilet with a seat.” We set up our toilets a comfortable distance from our campsite. At night, if you need to use the toilet, it is readily accessible and clean.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNABLE TO FINISH THE LARES TREK?
In the unlikely scenario that you are unable to finish the trek due to a health issue, Glamping Peru Treks will assist you to the nearest town for help with transportation. We always carry oxygen on the trek for any respiratory problems. In extreme cases, we can arrange a helicopter pick up at your own expense. (Travel insurance is required and recommended). There are no refunds in the unlikely situation that you are unable to finish the trek.
Generally, those who have to be assisted off the trail are taken to Ollantaytambo. If they recover quickly then they can continue the journey to Aguas Calientes and visit Machu Picchu, according to the original plan. (any extra costs are incurred by trekker)
WILL WE GET DROPPED OFF AT OUR HOTEL AFTER THE LARES TREK?
Absolutely!! Glamping Peru Treks offers door to door service. We include Hotel pick ups and drop offs in all of our packages! If you have booked your hotel in the Sacred Valley, we will drop you off there and vice versa.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – the staff do appreciate it. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Glamping Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip what you feel is appropriate, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local sustainable & responsible tourism operator that incorporates universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our staff to know, understand and respect the local places and its people.
WHAT SHOULD YOU TAKE WITH YOU FOR THE LUXURY LARES TREK?
- Original Passport (it has to be the same as the one used when booking your trek)
- Valid university card (if you booked as a student)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3L (we encourage Camelbaks).
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Layered clothing to adjust to weather changes throughout the day
- Rain jacket and poncho
- Toilet paper and small plastic bags for rubbish
WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN THE DUFFEL BAG FOR THE LUXURY LARES TREK?
As a Direct Local Tour operator, we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra pack horse, which will carry up to 7 kgs or 14 lbs including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing.
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 hiking pants
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 3 sets of hiking socks
- Headlamp/ Flashlight
- Bathing Suit for the swimming pool
- Fleece/ Thermals
- Warm clothes, down jacket — 2nd campsite temp around 3º C
- Waterproof gloves (even if they are ski gloves, take them)
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger
- Small bottle of soap: we provide warm water each day to wash
- Battery Chargers: there are no places to charge along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit
WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN MY BACKPACK FOR THE LUXURY LARES TREK?
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 to 40L for hiking in the day. A big backpack will not be allowed into Machu Picchu. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot, then we will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time. Please bring your canteens
- Sun hat
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks (chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits)
- Rain plastic poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Choquequirao Trek 5 days
5 Days From $1777 PP
Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trek 7 Days
7 Days From $2577 PP
Private Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
2 Days From $657 PP