WHAT IS INCLUDED ON THE 2 DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK?
hand-crafted and fully personalized Premium Package from start to finish.
- Briefing: We give you all the information needed in order for you to have a pleasant trek with very little surprises. The best part is that we will conduct your briefing in the comfort of your hotel.
- Duffel bag: During your briefing we provide a duffel bag for you to pack your clothing and other necessities for the trek. The porters will carry your duffel bag and you will only have excess to it at the end of each trekking day. We recommend that you carry a 30L backpack for your daily personal belongings such as a warm jacket, a rain jacket, your camera, sunscreen, snacks, water, etc.
- First aid and Emergency Oxygen Tank: Your safety is our number one priority. For this reason, our guides are CPR and First Aid trained annually by the Fire department or Red Cross. If you get one of the worst symptoms for altitude sickness which is loss of oxygen, we do carry an oxygen tank so you can get immediate assistance. We are also prepared for minor injuries on the trek, we administer quick and effective treatment, so you can continue with your trekking.
- Door to door service: The day of your trek we will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco. On return we will drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- Professional Bilingual Guide: You will have a guide thats highly professional, experienced and fluent in English and Quechwa throughout your tour. They are very knowledgeable and passionate about Inca heritage and history. You will get a two hour fully guided tour of Machu Picchu. Our guides dedicate themselves to continuous professional development and growth to ensure that you receive accurate and recognized theories about Inca and Andean culture. They are fun loving, great sportsmen and well–educated, they hold a degree in at least one of the following: Archaeology, Tourism, Botany, History or Anthropology.
- Horseman and mules:To carry all camping and personal equipment (7 kgs of your personal items such as extra clothes, air mattress and sleeping bag will be carried by our mules).
- Emergency horse: In case of emergency, we have the provisions of an extra horse. This is to ensure that everyone in the group has an equal opportunity to complete the trek.
- Meals: We have yet to receive a complaint about the food or any of our chefs. Your private chef provides delectable meals throughout your trek: 1 hot breakfast . 2 lunches and finally a scrumptious dinner. The guide wakes you every morning with a hot drink, making everyday a good day on the trek. We also include afternoon tea with a small snack before dinner on day 1, which is equally impressive. Our chefs take pride in all dishes served. We also provide a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. Drinks like Maracuya or Chicha Morada, Pisco Sour Cocktail or a good selection of beers and wines.
- Water: We supply bottled water for drinking every day after meal time. Make sure you fill up your canteen or camel bac on the first day.
- Taxes: All prices include the 18% tax charged by the government
Luxury Amenities and Equipment:
- Hot Shower Tent with Towels: We supply a hot shower to clean up after every trekking day with complimentary towels.
- Robe and slippers. we provide not 1 but two robes, one silk and the othe cotton, as well as slippers. We want you to feel like you are staying in a luxurious hotel, instead of the great outdoors.
- Private Chef, chef´s assistant and waiter: If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please let us know at booking and we will gladly accommodate your needs. You will receive upscaling dining, with a waiter to cater to your needs.
- Dining tent and chairs: We provide a private communal style dining tent, to catch up on the day’s events and build some comradery with your fellow travelers. Eureka Copper Canyon, Kingcamp KC 2808 chairs.
- Utensils: You will dine using Porcelain or ceramic crockery, glassware and unique stone or wood plates.
- Bedroom tent. Included are sleeping bags, Therma rest Mattress, cotton sheets, blankets and pillows Eureka Copper Canyon (maximum 2 pax). Tuck yourself in-between crisp white linen for the best night sleep off the beaten trek.
- Specialized massage therapists: We have massage therapist to accompany you on the Classic Inca Trsiland it is at your disposal every evening when required. This is at no charge to you and another complimentary service from Glamping Peru.
- Portable chemical toilet: This is very important while trekking because the Government toilets can be less then sanitary. We set up our clean waste toilet system a comfortable distance from camp and it has its own private tent.
- Travel bag: This is a small complimentary bag, with travel size shampoo, conditioner and soap.
- Drinks: In our private transportation, you will find a cooler box stocked with ice cold drinks, both non-alcoholic (water, gatorade etc..) and alcoholic (beer, wine and more)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED FOR THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK 2 DAYS?
- Sleeping bag adequate for the temperature of minus 10°C
- Trekking poles
- Tips for the guide, cook and horseman of GLAMPING PERU TREKS
The Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days is available on any date that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers.
PRICE $497 USD per person
***This price includes an extra pack horse which will carry your belongings up to 7 kgs/15 lbs, we will provide you a duffel bag, in which, you can put your things in.
- Walking Poles –$15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
Please read the following information carefully. It will help with your questions about our services and the Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days.
Your briefing will take place in the comfort of your hotel, the day before your trek.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE
Of course!During the Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, whichever is more convenient for you.
HOW TO BOOK THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK
FIRST, to book your Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days, we need you to fill out our booking form by clicking on BOOK NOW on our homepage or click here the link BOOK NOW.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase permits without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as it appears on your passport):
- Passport number
- D.O.B. (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of $103.00 USD per person. You can make your deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL symbols on the top of our home page, or you can click on the VISAor PAYPAL symbols on our booking page.
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
The weather is very unpredictable and it’s difficult to foresee. You will have many different seasons as you pass through the numerous microclimates, each with its own unique weather systems. We highly recommend you bring some warm clothes and good rain gear in your day backpack.
WHAT ABOUT ALTITUDE SICKNESS
In general, if you exercise regularly and spend 2 to 3 days in Cusco, or in the Sacred Valley for acclimatization to the altitude, you may be just fine. It is important to note that the Rainbow Mountain trek is the highest altitude of all treks. Always consult your doctor at home before you travel internationally.
We recommend the following remedies for altitude sickness: WATER, COCA TEA and OXYGEN (when needed). Our guides are trained to treat you for altitude sickness. For more detailed information on altitude sickness click this link: Altitude Sickness.
IS THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK 2 DAYS DIFFICULT, DO I NEED TO BE FIT?
The trail is certainly not easy but you do not need to be an athlete or a trekking expert to complete it. Fitness is naturally important for the trek, and obviously the more fit you are the more you will enjoy the trail and the more chance you will have to take in the scenery and appreciate the Inca ruins dotted along the way. If you do not exercise regularly, it is advisable to do extra walking, hiking or some kind of aerobic activity in the months leading up to your trip. The Rainbow Mountain Trek 2 days has a moderate to difficult level.
If you’re happy with the services provided, a tip – though not compulsory – the staff do appreciate it. While it may not be customary in your country, it’s of great significance for the people who will take care of you during the tour. It inspires excellent service and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Glamping Peru Treks destinations. Of course, you are free to tip what you feel is appropriate, depending on your perception on the quality of service and the length of your tour. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service
ARE WE SUSTAINABLE?
Yes, we are a local, sustainable & responsible tourism operator! We incorporate the universal principles of tourism: protect the environment and benefit the local communities by respecting their culture and religion. With this in mind, we have trained all our local staff to know, understand and respect the places and the local people.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO TAKE WITH YOU
- Original Passport (it has to be the same as the one used when booking your Rainbow Mountain trek 2 days)
- Valid University card (if you booked as a student)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage: 2-3L (We encourage Camelbaks).
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Sleeping bag (can be rented from GPT)
- Headlamp: essential
- Toilet paper
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR DUFFLE BAG
As a Direct Local Tour operator we provide you with a duffel bag at your briefing and INCLUDE an extra pack horse who will carry up to 7 kgs or 14 pounds including your 2.5kg sleeping bag, mattress and extra clothing.
- 1 t-shirts
- at least 1 hiking pant
- 2 sets of undergarments
- 2 sets of hiking socks
- Fleece/ Thermals, depending on the season
- Warm clothes, down jacket, depending on the season
- Warm gloves
- Comfortable shoes for camp
- Quickdry towel. We provide small ones, you might prefer something larger.
- Small bottle of soap: we provide a shower.
- Battery Charger: No electricity along the trek
- Large plastic bags will be provided at the office — Please ask for them.
- Sleeping bag: It has to be at least -15ºC – This can be rented from us.
- Face moisturizer
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Personal medications
- Personl First aid kit
WHAT TO PUT IN YOUR BACKPACK FOR THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK 2 DAYS?
We highly recommend a small backpack 30 to 35L for hiking during the day. The remainder of your belongings will be in your duffel bag at camp.
- Water: Please supply your own water until the first lunch spot (bring your water bottles or Camelback). We will provide you with cold boiled water at every meal time.
- Sun hat
- Headlamp: essential
- Wool hat
- Rain gear
- Snacks (chocolate bars, cereal bars or any dry fruits)
- Rain plastic poncho
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
WHY GLAMPING PERU TREKS
In an effort to provide a more personalized service, we at Glamping Peru Treks have a policy that our groups will not exceed 8 people.
Private Guide, Car & Driver
You always have private driver & private car flexible upon your travel schedules. Especially, in your Private Tour.
100% Personalized Itinerary
Hassle-free and uniquely personalized! You'll get a completely flexible trip plan tailored to your individual interests, wishes and budget.
Handpicked Hotels & Meals
Whether you are looking for a romantic resort or a boutique hotel, authentic cuisine or street food style; Tour Experts'll create the lifetime journey around your needs .
Our camping equipment is top of the line being replaced when needed. Our camping equipment is available for rent as well.
As one of the few tour operators that dedicated itself to social responsibility. We are always looking for innovative ways of caring for our natural surroundings.
OTHER TOURS YOU MAY LIKE
Choquequirao Trek 5 days
5 Days From $1777 PP
Choquequirao to Machu Picchu Trek 7 Days
7 Days From $2577 PP
Private Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
2 Days From $657 PP